Friday, December 4, 2015

Our Week In Review

This was Mike's first whole week back to work.  Oofta, I'm beat BUT we made it!  We successfully schooled all week, tried to love and tolerate each other, and, most importantly, survived.  I blogged on Monday, recording cutie Zayden's sweet smiles.  

Here's Tuesday:
 More snuggles
  
This girly has carried this bag around all week.  She fills it with treasures and dallies on her way.  It's full of books, toy phones, necklaces, dinosaurs, and so much more.  Basically all the things she wants to lay claim to for the day or week!
 We needed to burn some energy so we did some ABC Exercises.
Tuesday night the girls thought they were going to sleep together.
They are adorable...
 ...but it lasted about ten minutes!

Wednesday
brought double the snuggles.
 and a lot more babywearing with two needy little people.
 The kids stayed in jammies all day for PJ and movie night at J.A.M. 
  
Mia rediscovered stickers.  Such fun.  (See her bag around her neck??)
 Ah, Zayden and I found time for our nap/quiet time snuggles!
sweet brothers...
 Bedtime!  I could take a thousand pictures of him a day.
going... 
going...


 gone!

Thursday
I think by Thursday we'd hit full survival mode.  Mike ended up working a 13 hour day, which meant I ended up single parenting for 16 hours...ouch.  The only pictures I took are these.  Mia found a pacifier and sucked on it all day

And then, when I was nursing Zayden, she purposefully put her beaded necklaces in the grate.  She was upset, even though I had warned her that I couldn't get them out.  This was about the time Mike was texting to tell me he wasn't coming home.....life was getting real.
I did take a video of my wide awake boy!

Friday
Today I purposed to do more than survive.  Natalee and I took some time alone and painted her fingernails in Christmas colors.  We all piled up and read books and visited and played.  We went outside and played - it was FIFTY degrees!
The sunshine felt glorious.
Obviously - an extra picture of the baby in a bear suit.  So cute!
Again, Ameliya found the pacifier...
 Xavier warmed himself by the fire...
After naps we made a blanket fort:
And as the theme of the week went, Zayden and I found a little time to...
snuggle
So, we made it!  Natalee is getting really proficient in her math and has spent a lot of her extra time in the Word this week {we had a wonderful conversation today about being a friend of Jesus!}, Xavier is counting by 2's and 10's and working on blending words (proving trickier than I thought it'd be!), Ameliya is testing the boundaries but showing a lot of maturity, and Zayden is growing!  Be blessed, friends.  Don't let the weight of the world get you down...find the sweet in your day!

No comments: