Thursday, December 24, 2015

Gingerbread Houses

The idea for these milk carton gingerbread houses is not mine at all.  I first saw it when I taught at a local school district and the 2nd grade teachers did these with their students every year.  Shout out to Mrs. Burns and Mrs. Triplett for the fun idea.  Mike and I hot glued the graham crackers on the milk cartons and the kids decorated for over an hour.  I stopped at our local "bang and dent" store to buy the dye-full candies and frostings...all the things my kids never eat!  Instead of making and decorating sugar cookies, we've decided to leave these beautiful gingerbread houses for Santa so he can take them to the elves.  Mommy was tired of baking and this was a fun trade off.  This was MUCH more fun than a kit from the store but much easier than actually making gingerbread.
 Mia wanted her hands wiped after every little thing she put on.
 
Super fun that I had sugar cones in the pantry to make trees.  I told Mike I love it when I "win" at parenting.

 Natalee, age 7

 Sassy Ameliya, age 21 months

Xavier (who worked 25 minutes after the girls were done!), age 5 1/2

And Zayden slept through it all, laying in his bassinet in the dining room in the midst of all the noise joy and chaos!

No comments: