Thursday, December 17, 2015

Family of Seven {Meet Yellowstone}

For two years we have told the children that when we move they can get a fish tank.  Two years is a long time, especially in children years.  I think they don't truly believe we'll ever get moved, and truthfully some days I think it sounds like a fairy tale myself.  As part of my new "live today for today" campaign, I gave the green flag to my sister to get Natalee a fish tank for her birthday.  Why not?  She's waited long enough.  
Introducing...
Yellowstone.
The tank is one of those newer style black light tanks which makes Yellowstone glow super bright.  
Natalee faithfully feeds him every morning and spends time talking to him everyday.  She tells him her joys and her woes.  I wonder if he cares but so far he hasn't died on us so he obviously cares enough to live.  Last night she added diamond gems to his tank.  Little sister helped.
The girls are watching Daddy rearrange some of the rock to cover the heater a little.
Natalee has birthday money from Great Grandma Betty and has decided to part with some of it to buy Yellowstone a tank companion.  "Everyone needs a friend," she says.  
It's been fun to watch her remember to feed him and think about his "needs," like companionship and tank decor.  
 Xavier likes Yellowstone, too, but surprisingly not as much as the girls.

No comments: