Thursday, December 17, 2015

Color Baby {The Big Girl Bed}

Did I forget to tell you all that on day 1 of Ameliya's nap time in her big girl bed she oh so quietly got out some markers that Natalee had hidden (from Ameliya) in her night stand and did some decorating?
Her hands, her clothes, her sheets, her pillowcase, the headboard, some had soaked through to the mattress protector...
Luckily it all came off (thank you Aunt Kea for buying washable Crayola markers!) - it only meant a scrub in the tub for the toddler, a couple loads of laundry and a little elbow grease. 
 I got a chuckle out of the fact that the only thing that didn't get decorated was Kira. 
She did get disciplined.  However I had to turn my head and laugh when I walked in and she exclaimed, "pretty, mama!"  

The big girl bed is otherwise going okay.  Last night she stayed in it until 5:30 a.m.  Selfishly, I start my day much saner when I can get up before the children and have a few minutes of alone time (hey, I'm here 12-13 hours a day with no Daddy helper!), therefore I'm being pretty stern lately about not wanting her in our bed.  When she's in our bed she wakes up with me and I feel like I can't ever find my calm throughout the day.  She and I had a 5:30 a.m. go-round regarding this fact, but in the end I won and she fell back asleep...and slept late until 8:30 because she had to make up for that lost time she wasted!  
We're getting there....slow and steady.  I changed the CD to classical Mozart in her and Natalee's room and put batteries in the Cloud B star turtle and it has helped her settle down in her big girl bed at night.  One step at a time...

No comments: