Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Checking in on {Xavier}

Five and a half is looking mighty fine on this boy.  Maturing has been hard for him lately - he's been playing the role of instigator and antagonizer a little too well and had to have corrections often.  It seems he has one foot in the door of "big boy" but one foot firmly planted in the little boy world, too, and he totters back and forth all day long.  I realized today this really isn't just hard for me, but it's hard for him, too.  He still needs all the hugs and loves and kisses and rockings I can offer, but he also needs encouraged to be big.  Daddy is home for the next week solid, and I'm hoping that helps Xavier's love tank get filled to overflowing.  
He's very excited to be learning to read...
His blending has come a long way.  Tomorrow he gets his first little paper phonics book - he's SO excited!
He's also becoming quite a detailed little sketcher...he drew me this diver.  This is a talent I love to see flourish.
Tonight after everyone was in bed, Daddy went to the garage to work on a project.  On a whim he let Xavier (the night owl) get back up to help him.  I'm glad they got this time together - one on one boy time!
Xavier, you are a joy.  May God give me the grace to help you grow into the wonderful man I see in the glimpses of your boyhood. 

No comments: