Monday, April 21, 2014

Just a Day

Today was "just a day."  We were all a little fatigued and "hungover" from a busy Easter day full of family and food and love (and too much sugar).  
The children voted mid morning that sprinkling and raining were totally different and went out to play in the sand and yard amidst the sprinkles.  Substantial showers drove them in more than once but they continued to go back out throughout the day.  I really love days when children have "earned" their showers.  I grow weary of winter days when the attitude is more "how long has it been since you've showered?" and love the days of "you need a shower AGAIN!"

We conquered our school work and loved on one another...played a new game we got (Guess Who?)...and just, well, just existed.  Some days aren't life altering...however I look through my picture proof and realize they were still well lived.

Chevron overload.



 flowers from my sticky, curly haired boy

 She absolutely LOVES the outdoors.  A gentle breeze on her toes is her favorite.  Thank you, Lord, for my outdoor lovers!
See how she's lifted her legs and feet completely up to stretch and feel the air on her toes?
 
Big sister telling a story and watching out for baby Mia...

Here's hoping your Monday found some smiles and was "well lived."
Remember, (I was reminded at church yesterday) that the purpose of a Christ follower is to live for Him and draw others near Him.  Some days these little people are the only ones I see...but if I can draw them nearer to Him my day was well worth the effort.

No comments: