Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Saucy Mia - An Update {with Pic and Video Dump}

When I wait too long to blog I have too many pics and videos on my phone and have to do a "dump" to the scrapbook blog.  And thus, here you go. ;)  

This one's all about the ornery Mia.  She's reveling in her last few weeks as "baby" of the family, although I see signs of growing up all around her.  She "speaks" long jumbles of sentences that no one understands and she's started using BIG hand and arm gestures to make her point.  If you ask her if she's spoiled she nods "yes."  Her receptive language is out of this world - there's not much I can't ask or tell her to do that she's unable to follow through with.  She's full of love, sass, vinegar, and sugar!  She often chooses one "pet" of the day and loves on that person all day - showering them with hugs and kisses and ignoring everyone else.  Sometimes it's mommy or daddy, sometimes Xabe, often Natalee.  

She can use the phone and calls her dad if I leave it out unsupervised.  The other day she called him on his way home while I was making supper and he lovingly recited to her all her favorite books as well as he could from memory - Brown Bear, Hungry Caterpillar, etc.  He's a good daddy.

Ameliya is quite a little mama.  I can't count the number of times a day I diaper and dress her babies (she can undo them but not put them back on).  She's very interested in the baby gear we've been getting out for B4 - I'm anxious to see if she loves him as much as I anticipate.

She likes to come to my tummy, be loud and wait for baby to start kicking and rolling at her head.  I think she has no clue it's a baby in there.

We had a rough few days of teething - I don't think they're over yet but we seem to have jumped the roughest part, thankfully.  Lots of snuggles and a little Minnie Mouse on TV fixed it (oh yes, TV - it's okay, she's the 3rd one).
 

She also discovered Natalee has a stuffed Minnie Mouse and Natalee's a pretty generous sharer.  Lucky Mia!

And so, at almost 18 months old, she's still ornery, still cute, still, lively, and growing everyday.  
 Speaking of growing...look what else is growing.  Hair!  Yay!!

No comments: