Thursday, October 8, 2015

We Mourn the Loss...

We mourn the loss of our blender.  It tangled with an 18 month old and it lost.  She's so fast.  I was in the same room.  Did I mention she's fast?
I actually am sorry.  This blender was a $5 yard sale bargain and it's been a good one for the last many years.  I'm certain that all blenders should be glass, not plastic.  There was nothing this baby wouldn't pulverize and it never leaked like some do.  The Osterizer, it was called.

Xavier is truly mourning the loss of smoothies in this moment.  LOL.  I assured him it'd be okay until we get something else.  Poor kid.  

But alas, broken blender aside, I'm certainly glad our little lady is okay.  She was standing on the white tile near the trash can, picked it up off the shelf, dropped it, and did step back in shards of glass before I could swoop her up.  I called Mike straight away to check his ETA and luckily he was only a couple minutes from home.  God's grace.
He came home and started right to work on her little feet and had her walking again in no time - such a good daddy.

Later, after she was all fixed up she went in and got a {very large} flower clip and insisted she get to wear it.  I get it - sometimes after a tragedy I need to get dudded up, too.
 It's so big it looked like a spider on her head. :) 

Glad you're okay, little sugar.  Busy busy little sugar.

No comments: