Thursday, October 29, 2015

My First Story Writing Book

I ordered Natalee this book to try and tap into a few more of her creative juices.  

I won't say she's not creative, because she catches me by surprise all the time with her pictures and verbal stories, however, it seems when it comes to writing she takes the most direct path possible and writes in a more "black and white" pattern.  We are three days into this book, taking it slowly, and I'm loving it.  

She looks forward to it each day and today we had fun trying to be silly together with made up yummy/yucky grocery ingredients.

I do not expect her to be a superb story writer at this age, however I want to instill in her that writing and stories can be fun and enjoyable, not a labor!

This book is proving to be perfect for that!

Another bonus to her "writing time" is that it is something that she and I do together, alone.  We wait until Ameliya is sleeping and brother is playing before pulling it out for 15-20 minutes.  The time together is as enjoyable as the book itself.

There are companions to this Usborne original writing book, including:
My First Story Writing Book is gauged for ages 6+, while all the others are suggested for ages 10+.  

No comments: