Tuesday, October 20, 2015

More Sweets for Baby

I've been knitting on baby's blanket for a shamefully long time.  Slow and diligent.  Two weeks ago I made a plan to finish it within the week...so, finishing it two weeks later isn't bad, right?  

It's more turquoise than the pictures are showing.  I should have taken it outside to take pictures today but I forgot.  I used three skeins of Berroco Comfort 9733 Turquoise yarn.

When I say used, I mean every last bit.  Almost.  A little too close for comfort at the end...
Yikes.  I finished it at 1:30 this morning, mostly because I couldn't sleep without knowing if I'd have enough yarn.  
 
I used the Sunny Baby Blanket pattern, slightly amended...because, well, I'm me, and of course my way is better.  Ha.  
You can find the pattern HERE or HERE on Ravelry.  

This blanket is quite a bit bigger than the one I made Ameliya, which I like...I was bummed when Mia basically outgrew her's before age 1.  It was truly a baby blanket, where this one can cover a sleeping toddler.

It was fun to knit an easy pattern (once I changed it to my liking) while thinking about our newest little family member.  What will he look like, will he be bald and blue eyed (4 in a row? probably!), will his temperament be calm and easy (please?).  We're ready, little fella!  Let's roll!

A friend also gifted us with a play mat/portable changing mat that I'm in love with.  The chevron - the sweetest!  She is a very gifted seamstress and we're thankful to have this for our diaper bag!
All folded for the diaper bag. 
 sweet chevron!
All four sides open - they are velcro pockets...so handy to tuck a diaper, wipes, etc., and head out or run into the store, etc. - especially since we'll have 2 in diapers.
Perfect!  Thank you, Jenny!

Also, my sister has my kids all ready to come to the hospital boasting their big news...
The kids all got to pick their characters because Nannie spoils them and loves them.  I haven't released these shirts to their drawers yet - they are all sitting ready to wear...if I let them go to their drawers they will wear them constantly and the day will come and they'll be dirty!  And so...they wait.  Ha!  Thank you, Nannie!

Piece by piece we check things off our little list - finish small tasks - prepare a little more.  Tonight I packed the big kids' bag to go to Grandma and Papa's when we go to the hospital and have mine well to done.  Xavier did remind me that tomorrow is J.A.M. so I shouldn't have a baby because it will mess up his routine.  Duly noted.  It really is just a waiting game, now!

No comments: