Wednesday, July 30, 2014

4 Months Old {Ameliya}

Some how yesterday somebody gave my baby Mia permission to turn four months old!  Unbelievable.  Today I had to get out a tote of 12 month clothes.  She can still wear some 6-9 months but needed a few bigger outfits too.  That tote is still just sitting open in my kitchen.  I can't come to terms with her growing this quickly.  So maybe if I only take a few pieces out at a time it will delay the inevitable.  Right?
I thought my other babies were fat husky because we gave them formula and introduced food so early.  Apparently I'm making pure cream because Ameliya is 100% breastfed and the other two had nothin' on this beef steak!

I tried to take some darling pictures of her laying in the grass today.  Of all the smiles this kid has she couldn't wouldn't deliver any.  The grass just made her uneasy so the best she could give me were these faces:
So much disdain...but so cute at the same time.

So then we went inside and I'm pretty sure she gave me her first ever truly fake smile...
I mean, really?  Her real smile is mouth wide open...like she greets me with in the morning...
I digress.
I wanted a good smiling picture of her for her dedication at the church but I guess I'll have to try again tomorrow.

At any rate, I did preserve some sweetness through a series of pictures that I snagged right as she was getting sleepy.  When she's tired this girl loves:
1.  her fingers
2.  her blankie
3.  a place to lay, preferably her bed.
 those eyes - my, my, they are deep
Oh Ameliya - what a delight you are!

Your four month growth spurt was killer and I think all you did last week was nurse.  At four months old you are:
  • practicing sitting up
  • pushing off with your toes and "inchworming" to get where you want to go
  • rolling everywhere
  • picking things up with your hands
  • holding and chewing on toys
  • noticing food
  • silly all the time
  • solid as a rock - your toes grip in when you stand in my lap and you hurt my leg fat!
  • 18 pounds even!
  • barefoot and beautiful - I don't think you've ever worn shoes!
  • bald - still.  get used to it sweetie!
  • scheduled.  of your own doing!  your naps, eat times, and wake times are pretty predictable.
  • a reader!  you love books!
  • sweet and snuggly.  you love to rock with daddy and be wrapped up with mommy.
  • curious!
  • head over heels in love with your brother and sister!
  • a jumper - you love the hop-n-pop
  • 100% loved.
It's been a great four months, sweet girl.  We love you!

No comments: