Sunday, July 27, 2014

Look Who's Reading!!!

Oh me.  Oh my.  She's READING!!

Last week Natalee had 2 small paper decodables that we tore out of her reading book and read - she passed them and the comprehension sentences that went along with them quite easily so today (we couldn't wait until Monday!) she got her first real decodable reader!
Look at her face!!  I don't know who was more excited - the teacher or the student!  I have a passion for reading so sharing this with my children is a dream!
I have to stop a moment here and insert this so that my children always know full well how invested their Daddy is in their education...I tried two other reading programs for Natalee that did not work.  In my heart of hearts I knew this one would.  But it wasn't cheap.  Mike and I talked about it a lot.  I tried to make do without it but I needed the whole kit.  It's so much more than a workbook...the songs, the games, the whole package that I knew I could use to reach my little learner.  I am so blessed to have a husband who heard my voice and agreed to order this for our children.  Tonight at bedtime the norm was switched and Natalee snuggled up on Daddy's lap and read him a bedtime story.  So sweet!
 

 
Feeling pretty ecstatic to be on this journey and our school year hasn't even OFFICIALLY begun yet...this is just 'summer school!'

No comments: