Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Bedtime with Ameliya

I decided to blog about Ameliya's bath and bedtime routine because, well, (dare I say it?) she's just so easy.  I want to remember this.  Maybe, after 3 kids, we are finally just getting the hang of things or perhaps we just "got an easy one" but Mia really gets the award for mostly easy bedtimes.  If it's a bath night she gets dunked in the tummy tub where she swims around, drinks some water, snorts some up her nose on accident and gets very angry, then proceeds to twist and swim some more.  We scrub her up paying special attention to all the cracks and rolls, of which there is many.  Amazingly enough her hair takes neither a lot of soap nor much attention (love you, bald baby).
 
 Then this happens.  And it's about this cute, every time.

To the changing table for some coconut oil and a nighttime diaper...
A hemp blend fitted diaper with stay dry liner:
(this ^pic^ reminds me of one I've seen of my sister Lauren somewhere...)
With an empty pocket diaper over top as a cover...
This bulky combo can last her 12-13 hours.  She will often get up once or twice to nurse but will go right back down so I don't like to change her diaper unless I have to.

Then we don a comfy onesie or t-shirt.  This one takes the cake as our all time fav tee...

To mom's chair for a bedtime snack...
(please quit with the pictures, Mom, and feed me!)

Then a quick over the shoulder burp and off to bed she goes.  I lay her down, give big smiles and kisses and give her an A+A blankie...
 She tucks her hands up in it, sucks on it and/or her fingers...
 And off to dreamworld she goes.

So, folks, now when we are out and about and she and I are both stressed and fussy because it's bedtime and I say "she just really likes to sleep in her bed" know that I am all kinds of serious.  She does.  In her bed, with her blankie and her fingers, right close to mom.  Feeling very fortunate and blessed to have such an easy little bedtime girlie.

No comments: