Friday, May 2, 2014

Diaper Junkies

Funny how God takes your well laid plans and changes them...maybe just to remind you that He is in control.
I posted the other day how we gave cloth diapers a try...but wrote that we were going to finish up our 2 packages of Honest disposable diapers before making the switch.  Fast forward 24 hours...every disposable I'm putting on little miss is failing.  It's like she fattened overnight and they don't fit well.  There is poop EVERYWHERE!  Yesterday we went through FOUR outfits for her and two for me...and blankets, changing pads....it was a most frustrating day.  So I sold those last 2 packages of diapers to a friend and made the switch.  And now I'm scared.  Ha!  What if this big experiment is a colossal failure?  I have to remind myself that it's diapers - not life and death.  If we fail...well, I guess we'll do more laundry and make some changes.

For now the big kids think it's a grand adventure and are almost obnoxious about picking the new diaper print to put on her, wanting to spray her bottom and wipe it, and wanting to put the soiled diaper in the wet bag can (that has a step foot - much to Xavier's delight!).  When it's diaper time I find that I'm stepping over my 2 little helpers and trying to stay as patient as possible, all the while Miss Mia chortles and kicks over all the attention.
What I've learned so far....
Mia is a "heavy wetter" - one microfiber insert won't be enough to make it past an hour.  She's napping now in a charcoal bamboo insert...anxious to see how it holds up!

Here's to being green and saving the earth.  I'm sure it's totally worth it!

No comments: