Friday, May 23, 2014

Tummy Time

Ameliya has been rolling from her tummy to her back since she was just over 2 weeks old (April 13th was the first time).  This has made encouraging her to play on her tummy a bit of a challenge as I lay her down and she flips over.  While I have no real concerns about her neck muscles, it's always good for baby to try new things in a safe environment so we keep practicing new ways to help her play on her tummy.
Her favorite new one that I've found that's successful is "cute baby in the mirror."
My father in law had a big safety mirror that was yucked up on one end but salvageable on the other so he cut up the good end into 1/2 dozen or so small "kid sized" mirrors (8x11).  The edges were a little rough so I wrapped fun colored duct tape around them and voila - safe, unbreakable mirrors!  My kids love these for lots of things - playing play-doh on, etc.  Mirrors add lots of new elements to play.  Ameliya just loves looking at that cute little friend of hers...

No comments: