Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Aunt Boots

This week our family lost a sweet member, Mike's aunt Betty Gail "Boots."  Just a couple of weekends ago we had a great visit with her when she was back for a town celebration.  Looking back, I'm so glad for that time.  I'm grateful that those are the memories my kids will hold dear when they think of her.  

A few sweet pictures - some that are already here on the blog but that I wanted to re-post in our scrapbook all in one place...
 Natalee and Boots, above in 2008, below in 2013

Xavier and Boots, 2010
I know there's another of him and her at an older age but I haven't put my finger on it yet!

 Ameliya and Boots, above in March 2014, below in Jan 2015

Boots was actually one of the reasons I've kept up with my blogging when I restarted a couple of years ago.  She emailed often to tell me how much she appreciated seeing the pictures and videos of the children and hearing about their antics.  It wasn't rare for me to put up a blog post in the evening and have an email from her waiting for me the next morning commenting on what I'd written.  She was so great at remembering what I'd blogged, too, and making sure to ask the kids about it later - about their school, ball, and whatever else we had going on.

Boots and her husband Bob never had children, therefore Mike, his sister, and his two cousins were her "children" and were well loved and spoiled by her.  This has been a hard time for my husband.  This is also the first time we've walked through grief and loss with our children.  Your prayers as we travel this path are coveted.

No comments: