Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Local Baby Contest

A neighboring town has a "reunion" every year with activities, festivities, and all other kinds of "ivities" you can think of as a way of bringing people together to visit and enjoy each others' company.  
We usually don't do baby contests - not really because I'm "for" or "against" them or have a strong stance one way or another but mostly because I'm lazy and it's hot and at a meal time which seems utterly silly to me when you think about lining children up to see their cuteness.

However, this particular weekend Mike's Aunt Boots had called him AND talked to him after she got into town about wanting to see our sweet Dolly in the baby contest.  I agreed to Mike that I'd get her ready but he had to take her up as I am hot and sweaty enough being pregnant.  I'm glad we agreed and that Boots and Mike's grandma Betty could sit amongst their friends and lay "claim" to the bald Dolly who got 2nd place.  This was our last weekend with Boots and I'm so thankful it was full of joy.
 I was just proud Ameliya stood with her Daddy and didn't suck on her fingers - HA!
 Ignore all the other babies' ponytails next to my sweet bald Dolly.  Love you sugar!

1 comment:

Shonya said...

What a cutie! And less hair=cooler!