Sunday, October 5, 2014

Sinners Like You {Me}

Our sermon series at church has been No Perfect People Allowed.  It's been truly refreshing to just get real with not only one another, but ourselves.

This morning we were invited to lay the "planks in our eyes" (Matthew 7) at the foot of the cross and walk away from them.  
 
We were encouraged to give them to Christ and choose to never again pick them up and allow them to hinder us.  
This is tough.  This is good.  This is healing.
 
When I walked out of our place of worship this morning I left behind my quick and bad temper and also my attitude of fear (of the unknown, of finances, of being/doing better, of Mike's daily safety when he commutes to work, etc., etc.).  I will struggle, but when I do I'm praying I can turn to Him and say, "This is yours, God.  Take it please."  

I left church this morning a little free-er and a lot lighter.  Even if you didn't worship at LCC today, I encourage you to take one of your "planks" and write it down and walk away from it.  Leave it for Christ, because it's not yours any longer.
It's tough but it's good.  So very good and healing.

No comments: