Saturday, October 11, 2014

Mom's Day Out

Today I had my first full day away without my baby girl.
  
{before I left}

I got to take part of a surprise mani/pedi morning and lunch to celebrate a good friend, Amee's, birthday. {And she was surprised.}

Mike did terrific (as expected) with the children, and while things likely didn't sail the way I run the ship, I came home to three happy and healthy kids and a home that was standing and tidy (thanks, honey!). 

Mia took her mommy milk from the bottle like a good girl for daddy
 but when I came home she was ready for mommy snuggles and lovings,
and silly faces... 

It was nice to take a break and get away for a few hours and I had a great time with the girls and then hitting a few stores with Erin.  At one of the children's consignment stores I scored the kids a Bilibo, which is a silly and simple but awesome imaginative play item that I've had on my mental wish list for awhile now.
Natalee spun lots of circles in it tonight and she and Xavier are just barely starting to figure out all the ways they can use it for play.

Taking a break is good and healthy but coming home....
 it's where the heart's at.

No comments: