Thursday, October 31, 2019

Halloween 2019 {2 Carebears, 1 Wonder Woman, and Mario + Luigi}

Our first Halloween in our new town brought a lot of SNOW with it.  To go out and trick-or-treat, my kids had on leggings/long underwear, sweats, t-shirts, sweatshirts, and then their fleece zip up PJ costumes + hats and gloves.  Can someone now tell me I'm a genius for suggesting the children buy fleece PJ costumes for Halloween this year so that they could be warm for once!?  Not a single one of them complained of cold!  One point = mom.
Grandma Num and Papa Curtis came up to spend the evening with us and they kept the littlest Cheer Bear at the house with them while Mike and I took the kids to the square for the Halloween parade.  It was a lot of fun and a solid hour of walking and treats, ending in the mall with movie theater popcorn bags for a treat!  We really enjoyed seeing all the costumes out and about.  It was cold but there was no wind and we weren't miserable, which was nice.  We also got to keep moving, so that was nice - no standing and waiting.

After the Halloween Parade we came back to the house for soup, hot dogs, veggies/fruits, and to have a potty break before round two.  I bowed out of round two (remember, I did Halloween SOLO for 2 days in a row last year!), and Mike stepped up to the plate).  He and his cousin took the kids to a trunk or treat at a church, out to visit a friend of ours, and then on foot to a few door to door houses!  They sure made a whole night of it!  Evie stayed in and toasty with Grandma, Papa, and Mommy.

{my Cheer Bears}
No matter how hard I tried I could not find fleece zip up Luigi PJs, but that little boy was layered all up under his costume - and don't tell him it's not PJs - he's been sleeping in it!
Zayden was not a fan of his mustache but he humored me for a picture.
Sigh - I had big plans to be a fun mom and be a Care Bear, too.  But since our little Care Bear didn't go out I felt kinda silly.  Oh well - fun for a picture.  Natalee was bummed to not take her little mini along, too, but it just wasn't worth it for a little baby who would rather be at home.

Even though she didn't trick-or-treat, this little Cheer Bear sure did humor her mama and take cute cute pictures.  For your viewing pleasure...
Isn't she a sweet little bear?
{while the kids were out...}

Happy Halloween from the Beeler bunch!

No comments: