Thursday, October 10, 2019

Cheers!

On Monday, September 30th, Mike and I did a very grown-up thing and sold our first home.  Actually we didn't feel very grown up - we kind of left the abstract office and said, "was that really all there was to it?" 😂 We're so good at adulting.
Buying a home is apparently a lot harder than selling.  Ha!
Thanks so my sister, Andrea, (Nannie) for offering to keep the kids while we finalized things, switched over utilities, and took care of banking and insurance business!

Our first night in our new house was actually September 27th - the whole weekend following was a whirlwind.

First sleep at our new house!  Aunt Annette fed and showered my kids while Sara helped me make beds and then I melted down - like completely.  Not my finest hour.

We slept there Sept 27th, then drove "home" for Mike's family reunion, then back to the new rental for bed, and then Sunday went back "home" to Lancaster.  On Sunday we went to church, then the kids went to a birthday party for our friend, Joslynn, while Mike and I and his folks and aunt wiped down and tidied up the Lancaster house for our buyer (and his folks helped us finish up the last loads of crap - so tired of things and so thankful for their help).  Sunday night we stayed at my folks' - my mom was out of town but Papa hosted us and cooked for us and took good care of us - by this point this gal was about worn out!
snoozing at Papa's house...

And then Monday, we sold the house!  We celebrated by going out for supper when we got back to our new town - mainly because we couldn't uncover a kitchen counter enough to cook in there, but we called it celebrating!
Aunt Lauren sent celebratory champagne and sparkling grape juice for our big move.  We saved it for our selling day, mostly because of my meltdown on the first night we moved.
Moving is hard, but I tell ya I'll be so much more sensitive to others going through similar situations in the future.  Thank you to everyone who has had our backs through this!

No comments: