Friday, August 21, 2015

Mia and Minnie

This week we went to the store and I had sippy cups on my shopping list.  All of our insulated ones got loved and used up when I had daycare in the home and I needed 1 or 2 to take milk along for Mia for during co-op and other outings.
There were several in the brand I decided to buy and let her choose the design.  As I suspected she chose Minnie Mouse.  Love of Minnie is becoming a theme in her life around our house.  She's so pleased with her cups that she "talks" to Minnie when she carries them around and points to her, showing us Minnie throughout the day.  
Last night we had a few minutes after we got on PJs and on a whim I looked to see if there was Minnie Mouse on the Roku.  Turns out our Roku has a Disney channel (that we've never used) and it has 2-3 minute "clips" of Minnie Mouse's Bowtique.
 She was hilarious to watch.  
Ameliya also has one Minnie Mouse t-shirt that I bought at a thrift store last week.  If it's clean, she chooses it.  Period.  I put it in her drawer yesterday and she picked it to wear today.  Like the cups, she points to Minnie and shows us all.
It's not that I care for an obsession to emerge but it's kind of cute to watch her recognize "Minnie" around her.  It also makes me see her grow up all the more....
sweet baby of mine.

No comments: