Thursday, August 20, 2015

A Great Week of School Life!

We had a good week.  It was busy, which was a disguised blessing since it's back to school time at the college Mike works for, meaning we've been without him quite a bit.  He's usually home Monday mornings, which is such a nice way to begin our week!
Natalee's been really into reading our Usborne Rocks and Minerals guide book.  She reads it for fun...and wants to read it out loud to us...she's awesome.
I did a poor job taking pictures of school this week...
In Math, Natalee is adding +0 and Xavier is counting and writing numbers.  I love that Math is going so smoothly!
Natalee is reading about after the flood in her Rod and Staff reading curriculum and is LOVING The Secret Valley.  Xavier working this week on the letter F and it's sound.  
Natalee also has taken it upon herself to read her children's Bible New Testament.  ALLLL week long she sat on her bed reading portions of the chapters at a time.  She proudly proclaimed today, "I'm in Luke!"

We learned about mountains in Science and the three possible ways they are formed.  I even have a fun art project planned for the weekend to go along with the lessons we did, if I get it pulled off!

In History we are learning about the Egyptians and the Nile River.  
We are continuing our read aloud of Homer Price, also.

We were blessed with some extra long recess times this week, thanks to cooler temperatures.  On Wednesday the children even went in to put on pants!!  It's cooling down so beautifully at night...tastes like autumn in the air even if it isn't!

Today we took another bowling outing with our friends.  Natalee, who was disheartened at her lack of strength last time we went, improved her technique and won today!  I didn't care about the winning at all but loved her perseverance to do better!

Mike had to work the late shift and told me to treat the kids to junk for supper.  So, like a good American mother, I did.  Don't judge me... 
A busy but GOOD week will be capped off tomorrow by a new round of co-op classes...it's our first "B" week!  Speaking of...my clock reads 11:26 p.m. and I have 20+ fresh faced preschool through early elementary children who will be expecting me to be in tip-top cheery shape at 9:30 a.m. for P.E.  Energy sleep, here I come!!

No comments: