Thursday, December 4, 2014

Yoga

I ordered this  
 

DVD through a Scholastic book order last month and we put it in this morning.

I loved the story element of it (a bit cheesy but I am 28, not 4 and 6), though I could have done without the wizard portion of the story that we did.  The instructor also referenced "having a vision", which made my ears perk up.  I quickly said "we're going to use our imaginations" and we trotted right past that wording...I know the kids didn't pick up on anything out of the ordinary but I choose to exercise diligence in all our areas of teaching.  We believe in Jesus, not our own visions. (wink)

Overall, the 25 minutes of exercise was good!  The children (and I) feel good and stretched out and got out some winter energy.

I'm especially proud of Natalee because she pushed herself hard and got most of her body off the ground in this pose...
She's not quite on her toes yet but she'll get there.  She struggles with core strength, so I'm trying to incorporate more strengthening exercises into our daily routines.

It's blurry (because I was doing yoga!) but Ameliya was quite the cheerleader to our P.E. class this morning!

How do you keep active and burn energy during the winter months?  We'd love more ideas!

No comments: