Sunday, December 28, 2014

Christmas Day

This was the first year in 29 years that I've ever been home all day on Christmas.  Luckily I have a super supportive hubby who kept me out of the trenches and my folks came in to visit, which eased the anxiety.  The children were excited about their stockings and love the puppets and theater from Santa.
A box of screws in his stocking!
Natalee's favorite stocking stuffer - crayons for every skin tone!  

Checking out the mess the reindeer left!
 They dropped bells!!

The puppets and puppet theater!
We loosely followed the mantra something you want, something you need, something to wear and something to read for each of our children so they all had 5 gifts to open from mommy and daddy (I went one over - oops!).  We went round circle, opening one at a time.
After gifts we spent the day loving on one another.  We played puppet shows, ninja turtles, wobble board...Natalee and I made a friendship bracelet.  We ate, snuggled, napped, played games, and read books.  
Daddy did some babywearing exercises while we cooked because Mia was grouchy and it made her laugh.  He's a good daddy.

The kids loved their new Usborne books! 
 
We had roast and the works for lunch and chipolte lime chicken with Italian seasoned veggies for supper:
(This pan was just the leftovers! Yummy!! {plus biscuits for my son}) 

Mia got to pop into Natalee's bath - sisters are the best!

  

I was nervous about making Christmas perfect for my kids because I've never been responsible for the food and the day's entertainment in it's entirety.  What I realized was that Mike and I's vow to stay off the internet and focus in on the kids - playing, loving, and being together - was the best way to make memories of all.  It was a good day with lots of shared love!  

No comments: