Monday, January 20, 2014

Week 30 with #3

30 weeks!  That means only 10ish left.  GULP!
We are SO excited.  Truly - just ready for the cuddling and loving that comes with new life (and diapers and nursing and lack of sleep).  I'm so blessed to have the best teammate when it comes to raising babies.  He's not shy when it comes to rocking, bouncing, diapers, hopping up in the middle of the night and doing MORE than his fair share of taking care of our little people.  So you see why I have little apprehension and a lot of excitement.  
Daddy & Natalee
 
Daddy & Xavier
 
Even yesterday, when I was sewing those little cloth wipes, I asked what he thought about using them...he just shrugged and said, "worth a try."  Flutter, flutter...my heart tells me I snagged a good one.

Even when we go places Micheal sometimes steals babies for a snuggle.  This from the man who told me when we were dating that having kids was on his "eh, maybe" list.  How God has changed his heart.  He's a wonderful daddy and husband.

At 30 weeks our baby is going to gain a 1/2 pound a week.  YIKES!  And I thought I was big now. lol.  All his/her organs and body systems should be developed so from this point forward it's just adding the padding to make pinchable cheeks and raspberry blowing chub rolls!

 At 30 weeks the baby is supposedly the size of a head of cabbage.

Which of course reminds me of this:
And I find myself thinking...that *would* be the easier way to go...picking them from a garden patch.

AND if we could pick them from Cabbage Patch, Xavier would get his wish...at first he wanted twins but after the ultrasound when I told him it was pretty certainly just one baby he changed his mind and decided one baby was okay if it could have chocolate skin.  In his exact words, "Mommy, chocolate skinned babies are just so beautiful."  I love his innocence - 100% pure of heart.  I tried to explain to him that since mommy and daddy have peachy skin we couldn't make a chocolate baby in my tummy.  He chose to turn my other lesson of "God picks whether it's a brother or sister" against me and is adamant that God will choose whether this baby has chocolate skin or peachy skin.  
I hope he's not disappointed but I love that he lives and breathes the lifestyle of Matthew 19:26 "... "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
We have talked about adoption...Xavier's adamant belief that God will give him a chocolate skinned brother really hits close to my heart.  So...we pray...

No comments: