Sunday, January 12, 2014

28 Weeks With #3

Whoa dude.  I took this picture first...
and decided that the geometric print on the shirt was making me look "big."

 So then I took this one...
Turns out it's not the shirt.  
Sigh.  I feel big with this baby.  Already.  I was bumming myself out and then I looked up my due date calculator and realized I'm rounding the bend to the third trimester.  While I still wish I wasn't quite so uncomfortable already, I am sensible enough to realize that this is my 3rd baby and I'm not as slight as I was 6 years ago.  That tummy drum stretches easier this time than it did the first time.  The good news is baby should be nice and comfy!

Baby should be about 2 pounds and can see light and hear our voices well.  He or she is active when I'm not.  If I'm up on my feet, baby sleeps.  If I'm sitting or laying down for bed, baby plays.  Kicks and punches and rolls are nice and strong.  

Our birth plan is in place and a copy is in my purse and given to the doctor.  We shoved a dresser in our room (we're outgrowing this house quickly!) and got out the teeny tiny sleepers, onesies, socks, sleep sacks, and few outfits we have.  I'm planning to do a bit of sewing to put together a few burp cloths (I must have used up all the others till they were spent because I can't find them anywhere!) and cloth wipes (that I'll use with our cloth diapers).  Otherwise, we are "ready."  I have a list made of what I'd like to pack for the hospital but don't wan to do it yet and trip around the suitcases for 10-12 more weeks.  We have names chosen for both genders!

I'm ready.  10 months seems like a mighty long time to be pregnant and I'm ready to hold my baby.  However, we are plunging ahead - finishing up home school a bit early so we can take a break in April - May and resettle.  We are praying for God to send a buyer for our home so we can get moved to be with Mike in the same town as his new job in May and do away with his 90 minute one way commute.  We have busy schedules and things to accomplish over the next 12 weeks but when the time is over I'll definitely be READY to hold our new babe.  We can't wait to meet you #3!

1 comment:

Shonya said...

I do think the geometric pattern looks a little bigger--perhaps also because it's hard to distinguish from the background. Believe it or not, you look cute. And I'm excited for you to be 2/3 of the way toward cuddling this babe! :)