Sunday, January 26, 2014

Soaking In the Sun

After church, we made a point to enjoy the outdoors today with a high of 51* and some sun because the forecast for tomorrow is back to the dreary winter days of clouds and a high of 9* with wind chills reaching -20.  As I type, the wind has picked up, the rain has started, and the snow is supposed to come in.  We are WEARY of winter but we are trying not to lament and be whiners.  We are trying, though not always succeeding.  Our bodies are aching for the sunshine.  I noticed some winter blues in Natalee this week and started her on Vitamin D chewable supplements to help her pull herself back up.  We've noticed some improvement and the melancholy listlessness abating so I hope they're helping. 
The children rode bikes and scooters when we got home - Natalee played outside on the deck at my folks' house after lunch while the sun was shining right on her and enjoyed it very much!  She's my sunshine girl and the older she gets the more I see that, when grown up, she could very easily leave the MO/IA area for a place that has more year round sun.  Her body craves it like no one I've ever met before!


Mike put together his new motorcycle jack that my folks got him for Christmas and played mechanic in the garage for a few minutes with Xavier.

And me?  I just enjoyed sweeping off and picking up the porch a bit and breathing the fresh air.  Spring's coming - it just has to...are you ready?

No comments: