Sunday, August 28, 2016

The Last Couple of Weeks

A modge podge of the last couple of weeks...  

We've been having a little trouble finding our groove with karate 2 mornings a week but this past week was better!  I think we're going to get there.  Natalee, of course, takes school along to do while we sit at karate, and that helps...we're finding a schedule for Xavier and for our combined studies.  Often lunch is quick after karate and sometimes it looks like this.  And no, I don't feel guilty that they are in front of the TV eating - they watch very little television.  A sandwich and Little House on the Prairie is good for the soul.
(Aug 18)

 Ameliya entertaining herself while I'm working with the big kids.
(Aug 19)
Daddy has been working long hours - when he's home they swarm him.  He also got a promotion - congrats, Daddy!!

Love these curls.
(Aug 22)
Natalee reading history while I prepare lunch.  They sit close to me so I can help with words and we can discuss.  

On Thursday we had a homeschool back to school game night.  It was supposed to be a softball game but we got rained out.  Attendance was minimal but those of us who came had a great time.  Look at these sweet girls... 
(Aug 25)

Friday was a catch up day.  Reading, a couple of tests for the kids, and a few other things.  Xavier is getting into the thick of reading and it's music to my ears.  I LOVE to teach children to read.  It opens up ALL the worlds.  
(Aug 26)
Natalee is apparently efficient enough at reading that she can read upside down also!  I remember doing this as a kid.
 100% on Natalee's spelling test!!
He's becoming such a bookworm.
At lunch our table looked like this...
 luckily it was beautiful outside!
The calendar this week looks full, but, if it wasn't how would I entertain myself, right?  (bahaha!)  The best days of my life....

No comments: