Thursday, August 18, 2016

Puppy Sitting

My folks took a vacation this past weekend so we went to the farm to puppy sit little Ralph.  He's a sweet pup, a little scampish and a lot lovable.  I loved being back out on the farm.  All day Saturday it was just us - no one else's lawnmowers, no kids on the street riding skateboards, no dogs barking, just...us.  I forgot how much I missed it until I relived it.  
Both littles spent ample time "talking" to Ralph when we weren't outside.
Ralph spent the time we weren't outside with him chewing things up.  It seems to be his favorite hobby.
 We took a break Friday evening to run in to town to the big kids' VBS fun night,
Xavier must have been in the bounce house - I didn't get his picture.
Play-doh at the fun night reminded Ameliya that she loves Play-Doh so we stopped at the house and brought ours back.  The kids spent a lot of time playing Play-Doh over the weekend, however after the first night I moved them to the breakfast nook table over the linoleum. 
Ralph says, "Please let me in to sleep with the little curly haired girl.  Please???"
Saturday was simply beautiful.  The weather was too gorgeous to stay inside too much.  We were all around lazy and just enjoyed the quiet of the farm and each other.
 We also enjoyed the deck!
He treated the chairs like tunnels.
 Ralph turned out to be quite a sidewalk chalk stealer!
Often when I'm visiting at my folks I almost dread going home because their house always seems so tidy and clean while mine often seems chaotic and busy and noisy and cluttered.  After living in their home for a few days I realized that, while theirs being much newer makes it easier to clean, their house is tidy because we don't live there.  Ha.  Four kids make a mess no matter where they live - the end.  I do love the farm, though.  Being able to let them run free without the anxiety that living in town lends does keep the inside mess down.  
At any rate, we kept Ralph alive and happy (I think), and coming home to our own chaos and clutter was nice.  Or made me want to empty the house and start fresh...whichever. (wink)

No comments: