Thursday, August 18, 2016

In My Room

Ameliya has been having a terrible time sleeping the last few nights.  She goes to bed fine but gets up in the night, dazed and upset.  After the first two nights I realized she was saying there was something in her room.  At 2 a.m. Mike and I were playing the decipher game but we failed.  We guessed snowin, growin, Lauren, snoring, and so so much more but couldn't figure it out.  
The next day I tried to talk her through it and still couldn't understand.  In desperation, I asked Xavier for help.  He listened intently.  His first guess was Lauren but his second guess was lion.  As soon as he said, "lion?" she exclaimed, "YES!  ROAR!" I asked her again and she nodded and confirmed it is lions.
Lions.  Sigh.

We've tried lots of things.  We've tried to spray them away, pray them away, sing them away, make them relatable so they aren't scary...daddy tried to take them out on trash day.  We've turned fans on, turned fans off, hunted lions, rearranged blankets and pillows and loveys....
However each night they come back in the middle of the night and she can't sleep anywhere but "wi'sh' you so daddy can 'tect me."  Normally I don't really care if one of the kids come and climb between us in the night, however Zayden still gets up to nurse and we only have a queen size bed.  Coupled with the fact that Zayden has been super grumpy the last few nights, Mia being in our room means Mia is awake in the middle of the night and isn't rested for the day.  It's been a long week.

Tonight when I put her to bed I didn't mention the lions at all.  No spray, no special prayers, nothing.  I'm hoping maybe, just maybe, she forgot?  If you think of us, pray away those lions, okay?  She gets so upset in the night that when we try to take her from our bed after she's fallen asleep she gets borderline hysterical, even in her sleep, and cries for us.  We put a cot just outside our door but she only stays on it for short periods of time and then comes back, crying that "I need to be wi'sh' you."  Like I said, were in not that the baby wakes her with his fussiness, I wouldn't be so intent on helping her feel comfortable again in her bed...I'd just let her stay.  I love her so much and I'm sad that she's scared.  She is cute to wake up next to...
 

In other news she stays plenty busy during the day being as ornery as they come.
So, dear lions, it's time to hit the road.  You can take your leave with the full moon and doncha come back no more no more no more no more.....

No comments: