Thursday, August 18, 2016

Swimming Lessons {Ameliya}

Ameliya wasn't even supposed to take swimming lessons last week.  We'd reserved an hour - 30 minutes each for the big kids.  However, Ameliya cried and cried her way through the kids' lessons on Monday and begged to get in the water and I gave in.  Skylar was willing to redistribute our time to 25 minutes each for the big kids and 10 minutes a day for Ameliya.  She worked on putting her face in and kicking her feet.  She also got to go on the slide everyday, which I'm pretty sure is one of the main reasons she wanted lessons.
 
Ameliya loved the treasure chest!

 I re-realized (is that a thing?) that Ameliya identifies as "one of the big kids."  While I fully understand that there are times that I have to tell her "no you may not, you are not big enough" there are also times that this is truly crushing for her to hear.  This week, for this particular thing, she got to be one of the big kids!  I don't regret giving her that at all!  Look how happy....

No comments: