Sunday, February 15, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day

Natalee was SO excited for Valentine's day this year so I tried to step it up and find little ways to show our love for the day.  Mike and I started last night by hanging one dozen affirmations about each sleeping child's bed.  I found this "heart attack" idea on Pinterest and, as suspicioned the big kids loved it.  
  

  

  

When Mike went upstairs on Valentine's morning, Natalee was in Xavier's room, reading him his hearts.  I noticed they were extra helpful this morning and Xavier said "my hearts say I'm a big helper!"  Ameliya looked at hers during diaper change times and I've read them all to her.  Even little ones need words of affirmation.

I made Mike's favorite, lasagna, for lunch...
...and we had apple pie with crumb crisp topping for dessert (and my first attempt at homemade pie crust!).

I saved the cards the kids had gotten in the mail and from family this week to open all at once...
 (see my card, Mama?)

...and Daddy and I gave the gift of knowledge (a.k.a. school books!) and a game...
    
 

 

Our mailbox had cards for the girls from Lauren and Lance but none for Xavier so I tucked the girls' away for when his comes.  

After naps we went to Papa George and Granny Sara's to have supper with them, Great Grandma Betty and Kea & Miguel.  
 Mia wanted to eat the banana out of her treat bag. 
 Overall, it was a successful Valentine's Day.  The kids asked if Valentine's only lasted one day and when I said yes they were disappointed because they thought I was going to take down their hearts.  A reminder that kind words can go a long way...

I did try to take a picture of the three of them in their Valentine's shirts from Nannie...
Ameliya was really into it, as you can see.
Natalee proved to be the most photogenic and cooperative today.
I finally got a decent-ish one...
 Hope your day was full of love and sugar and all things ooey and gooey. 

1 comment:

Shonya said...

Awwww, what sweet memories! I love the heart attack idea. Good job, mama!