Monday, January 31, 2022

Week in the Life {Jan 23-29}

Monday we got to go back to co-op!  Oh the rejoicing!  Everyone was glad to go back and the day went smoothly.  Book clubs got canceled but we stayed and played games and let the kids hang out together.

I taught my little artists about Franz Marc and we did a spin off of his art piece Blue Horses

We had a blast with these!
Evalynn did not have any meltdowns in the nursery and she and friend, Sammy worked on sharing.  Such a hard thing to learn when you're both the youngest!
Natalee playing games with friends.
Evie brought Pengaloo and Aryana was sweet to play a round with her.
After we left co-op, we grabbed a sandwich for Aunt Annette and went for a nice visit.  She treated the kids to snacks and they helped take down her tree.
We had such a big day that Natalee decided to stay home from swim that night and just enjoy our evening as a family.

Tuesdays Natalee starts her day early with therapy at 7:30.  Mike was working nights so he stayed at her session with her.  We could have gone to mom's group but we'd had 3 busy days in a row and I was honestly beat, so we stayed home and just did school.  
With Mike on nights, evening practices were a little tricky, so Ev had to go along to Zayden's basketball practice.  We took flowers and worked on a garden while he practiced.
Then we had a vitamin C lolli...
And finished with running and stretching.

Wednesday was cold and Mia was very disappointed that her gymnastics class was canceled just because of the temperatures.  Mom was disappointed for her, too.
Keeping Ev occupied was a full time mission so we pulled out the water sink.
We did bundle up and get out to run everyone for chiropractor adjustments.
After that, just school, and then swim for Natalee.
Mom did a little mopping, and even though the sun wasn't too warm, it did look nice on the drying floor.
I taught a "life skills" lesson on making Easy Mac.  Let me tell you why....
When we were at the hospital with Mia in 2018 begging her to eat anything she finally decided she'd try macaroni and cheese.  I'd never made easy mac.  (PS I've also never made ramen.).  The microwave was up above in a counter spot and I overflowed water all down the counters and all over the floor.  I told myself then that even though easy mac is not great nutrition I would make sure my kids would know how to make it.  That overflowing macaroni in the hospital that day about sent me over the edge.
So it was easy mac lesson day.  Now they all know.
nap time...

Thursday we kind of just survived.  Natalee's hippotherapy ended up canceled so we didn't have to get out.  Xavier had basketball practice but Eric took him with Jace so I didn't have to get the little ones out with Mike at work.

Friday was supposed to be a fun day but it went awry.  After we got Mia home and settled a bit I went out and wandered a yard sale and the thrift store and cleared my head a bit.  I didn't find any treasures really but Zayden was impressed with these Paw Patrol pjs that I snagged and washed up for him.
The rest of the day was a bit off and we forgot about Natalee's swim practice.  Sigh.

Saturday started bright and early with a basketball game for Zayden.
After Zayden's game we ran to the Dollar Tree, then home for lunch, and back for Xavier's basketball game.
The rest of Saturday was spent resting and a nap for mom!

No comments: