Sunday, January 23, 2022

Back In the Swing {Jan 16-22}

It was a more "normal" post covid school week than we'd had in many weeks.

We started Sunday with worship and then hosted two expecting couples from church in our home for supper.  


Monday we got back to the grind and got school rolling.  I wrote lesson plans as the kids started their work because I was not ahead of week, but didn't let that stop us.
Ev had forgotten all the work we did in the fall to expand her attention span and stay with a task for more than 5 seconds so Monday felt long.  
These two finished a unit of their reading.
The kids spent a couple hours outside in the warm sunshine Monday afternoon and Natalee had swim that evening.

Tuesday was a busy day and made most of us feel crazy full up of joy.  Natalee started bright and early with PT/OT at 7:30.  Midmorning we drove to a neighboring town and met a new group of moms/kids to visit and ended up staying for about 3 hours.  It was a beautifully warm day for the Midwest in January and the boys played out in the church yard in the snow with their new friends for 2 hours.
When we got home we could give up the outdoors.  Ev laid down for an hour and then I woke her up to get her some outside time, too.  The forecast was calling for sub zero later in the week and it was very important to me to get as much time outdoors as possible.  My new coat makes me look like a lion - but I was warm!

After all that fresh air, I threw together some supper and then took Zayden to his basketball practice.  We weren't early, but still stopped to admire the sunset.
Zayden worked hard but I kept thinking he was very distracted and then I realized he was probably exhausted - over 4 hours of snow play!

Xavier also had practice on Tuesday, but at a different location, so Mike had him.

Wednesday was cold with such bitter wind.  Ameliya had gymnastics class.  We had to join a different class to match our schedule better, and I'm so amazed at my brave girl who jumped right in to a new group of people without being timid.
Can you even stand it with the big girl pony and the overalls?
After gymnastics we all went in for chiropractor adjustments.  Several of us are seeing benefits to more frequent adjustments and Dr. Mike makes our appointments efficient and easy.  
When we got home I started lunch and came in and saw the cutest little pair playing "chiropractor."  I had to gently remind them to just pretend, lest we undo all that we'd just gotten done, but I loved watching them.  Kids imitate what they experience...

(butt = lower back in Ev's adjustment....I can see how she'd make the mistake)
Wednesday afternoon, Natalee had hippotherapy - a change from her normal Thursday midday appointment.  It was a last minute switch, but we're thankful she got in - they had to cancel Thursday's appts because of predicted wind chills.  She also had swim Wednesday night.

We didn't get much outdoor play the rest of the week.  Thursday I got out the kinetic sand, which Ev didn't love but Mia and Zayden did.  We had no outside appointments and got to spend the day snuggled in.  
Friday Mike did a grocery pick up for me at 7:00 and the kids got to reap the benefits of Evalynn having requested donuts in her bedtime interview.  We had sausage to bring down the sugar highs.
These posts are always convicting to me.  I don't get enough photos of my oldest two children throughout the week.  They are tending to go to their rooms to school where it's quieter and less chaotic, and I completely respect that.  I just don't think to go snap their photo.  They are wonderful students and it's a privilege to be their teacher.  Enjoy the posts dedicated to them specifically that are linked below.

Saturday was a busy day full of:
and grandparents in town.  The perfect way to round out the week!

No comments: