Sunday, January 16, 2022

Recovery Week...Making the Most of Resting {Jan 9-15}

This was another week of COVID recovery for mom.  We were still isolated on Sunday so did not go to worship.  Despite my dizziness and the cool temps, I was aching for fresh air and to get our restless children out of the house, so we settled on going to the park to sled.  I took a chair and was able to sit and watch the sledders and let the sun shine on my face.



When it was time to go we realized that the keys were locked in the bus.  Thanks to Eric for getting Mike and taking him back to the house for the extra set.  The kids and I sat in the shelter and waited and I was glad I had my blanket to wrap little Evie in.  The rest of Sunday was for naps and resting, especially for mom.

Mike needed to go back to work Monday.  Not because I was particularly better, but because I was better enough and he'd already missed a week on my account.  For the rest of the week we just did the best we could.  We rested.  We did some schooling.  The children played outside and I sat out and got as much air as I could.
Wednesday was Mia's first gymnastics class of the new year.  We had finished all our isolation even though I still felt worn through, so I took her so she wouldn't miss class.
When we got back that was pretty much all I had in me for the day.  The kids did school, art, independent activities, and played games.
I did try to do hair everyday for the girls.

Friday dawned with big beautiful snowflakes and I was feeling markedly improved over the beginning of the week.  The day was warm (over 30 degrees) and beckoned the children to come and play.  I got breakfast down them and helped everyone get bundled up to go play.  As I was finishing getting this little biscuit bundled Grandma Num showed up!  Papa was running to visit Aunt Annette and he dropped her off and then came back to see us, too, after his visit.
The kids played a long time in the beautiful snow, and built three great snowman!  Evie was the first one in, but they all eventually trickled in for some lunch.
Terribly blurry, but I love to see the snowflake designs on black paper.
Warm snuggles after cold play.
And Papa brought frostys and fries, to everyone's delight.
Evie just needed a little couch snooze after Grandma and Papa left.  Despite thinking she could send her paci to Artie with Grandma, she had regrets and decided she needed it after all.
Saturday felt like a set back day.  I slept a lot.  The last photos for the week on my camera roll.  Funny girl squishing squishy balls under her toes...
and big kids playing a bedtime game of Push.

No comments: