Saturday, January 22, 2022

Xavier's 2nd Basketball Season

Xavier had his first game for this season of YMCA basketball.  He is in the oldest age bracket and gets to play on the same team as his cousin, Jace.  The Y joined up with the large Nazarene church in town (they used to have their own basketball league, but the two teamed up this year and it's great!).  

The games were at the Nazarene church and they had such a fun entrance for each of the players.  They were wonderful and welcoming hosts, too, and really created a fun community atmosphere.

Xavier was the first one announced and Jace was the last one through for the yellow team.

Opening prayer
Natalee and I were at her swim meet, but Mike did a great job of videoing, taking pictures, and messaging me updates (and I reciprocated for swim updates!).
The boys played 5 on 5.  His team only had 6 players, while the other team had 10, so Xavier said their hour game was tiring but a lot of fun.

Halftime break and pep talk:
I'm very thankful for the opportunities that our children have to be active and learn the basics of some sports.  

Tired sweaty boys.  Brea and I (I mean, and Mike & Eric) had these boys less than an hour apart.  Pictures of them together always make me smile.

Great job on your opening, game, Xavier!  Can't wait to watch you this season!

No comments: