Sunday, December 20, 2020

Week in the Life {Dinorama, Simple Machines, Mama's Birthday, Art!}

Sunday, December 13th

We went to worship Sunday morning and then had an easy day at home.  We loaded up the kids in the afternoon to go to Ottumwa.  I had some store pick up orders that I needed to grab, so we let the kids ride along so we could take them through the Nights and Lights.

We came home and ate pizza to finish up a fun night.

Monday, December 14th
Big brother reading to little sis.
We started our morning after breakfast with some art.
After art, school.  Our brains were ready for learning after we got the creative juices flowing.
Little Evie was full of sugar.

Tuesday, December 15th
Happy 35th birthday to Mama.  Mike took the day off to spend with us, which was the biggest treat of all.  
Zayden served me healthy breakfast cookies and said he picked the ones with the most chocolates for me.  (He asked for Daddy's help with the juice.)
Mike and the kids gave me some new treatment oils to properly care for my cast iron skillets, and a weighted blanket.  A photo of me in my bathrobe with unbrushed hair -  you're welcome.
The kids had homeschool PE on Tuesday and Mike offered to take everyone and let me have time alone, but instead I decided to go along and he and I worked out while little Ev entertained us.

The kids didn't get a day off school - we took an extended break when I was sick over Thanksgiving and needed to keep learning.  The older two are doing a simple machines unit that I put together and assembled a pulley toy elevator.
I had several sweet FaceTimes, messages, texts, and Snapchats and am so thankful for all the love shown to me.
Mike offered, but I decided to do my own baking and made a chocolate depression cake with chocolate frosting for my birthday dessert.
Overall my birthday was very nice and I am prayerful that year 35 is a bit....easier...kinder....gentler that year 34 was, although 34 had a lot of good moments in it, too.

Wednesday, December 16th
Good morning, pudding.
These two are pretty much best friends lately.  Look at their hands.  Be still...
We worked hard on school Wednesday morning.
After lunch we headed to Natalee's final hippotherapy session of 2020.  We took an apple for Chief and baked goodies for the volunteers and staff as a small thank you for all they do for our girl.
Phil is the new pony in the stables who will be working to join the therapy crew soon.  Evie was infatuated with him through the window and Ashley took her back to the barn to see him.
My girls love the horses.
Chief loved his apple - even more than the birthday carrot from last week!
Peanut butter and jelly, these two.  He had a blanket cape tied around his neck and she squealed until we figured out she wanted one, too.
She's so happy to be like her buddy.  Look at the sweetness.

Thursday, December 17th
Wreaking havoc so early in the morning.
The younger two scholars worked on a dinorama to go with their dinosaur unit.

While the littles were working on their dinorama, the older two continued their simple machines unit by learning about wheels and axles and making a rubber band car.
Sometimes little Sam needs to rest in the afternoons.  Evie likes the wake up job!

Friday, December 18th
Finally Friday!
Evie had a rough night.
Wake up, Zayden.  It's PE time.
Look at this hair!
The kids had their last homeschool PE class and I worked out while they played soccer.  Natalee had a zoom appointment after PE and then the kids got to do some light school and play the rest of the day.  I had supper ready when Mike got home so that we could eat early and go out to look at Christmas lights around town.
Sister snuggles

Saturday, December 19th
Happy 30th birthday to my little sister, Lauren.
We started our morning with gingerbread houses after the kids watched cartoons.
Then, after we all tried on our new glasses, we watched Christmas On a Dollar.  Someone didn't get new glasses but is getting new teeth....
We spent the rest of the day cleaning, playing, and just being together.

No comments: