Sunday, March 27, 2016

Yum-Yum...Hungry Boy

The last few day's Zayden Sam has been insatiable!  He thinks he's starving.  I completely understand that, when you nurse, in order to increase supply you have to increase demand (a.k.a. let baby nurse more) however there is nothing more heartbreaking than a baby who is trying to nurse and coming up empty and screaming.  After a couple of evenings of this happening at the same time in the same way I decided I had to do something.  Zayden was nursing at around 5 but at 5:30 he seemed so hungry again and I seemed to have nothing for him.  I've had to cut some food groups because he was having a rash reaction to some things and it seems it's affected my supply.  At any rate, we decided that Little Bitty could have some yummies and, much to my surprise, he opened his mouth and ate like he's been doing it for months!
Some organic oatmeal mixed with mommy milk.  
He also had a taste of green beans from the table the other night but he wasn't so keen on chunky foods.  I asked Mike how we are on child #4 and don't really have a system for introducing foods and stuff - sigh.  We've done it all - make your own, boughten, baby led weaning... I guess it's true that all kids are different.
I wanted to keep this one little longer but I guess he thinks he needs to grow up, too, just like the rest of them.  Such is the circle!

No comments: