Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Toddler Busy Bag Exchange

In an effort to only have to type once, I'm posting the "guidelines and rules" for the upcoming Toddler Busy Bag exchange that I'm hosting here on my blog.  I can send participants the link and make it easy on me and them!  {So if you're looking for pictures of my cutie kids this post isn't what you're looking for!}

What is a busy bag swap?
Each participant makes identical activity bags to give to the other participants.  For example, if I were doing a pom pom drop and 20 people were participating I would make 20 pom pom drop baggies to hand out.  In exchange, I will come home with 19 (+ my own) new fun bags for my busy toddler.

Guidelines:
  • Open to the first 20 people who sign up.
  • This exchange is focused on toddlers this time (ages 1+ - 2 1/2 ish). 
  • Bag components need to be durable and as quality as possible to stand up to toddlers.
  • Bag components should not contain tiny pieces (choking hazards).  We understand that bags should/will be used with supervision, however a baggy of pennies might not be the best bet this time (wink).
  •  All 20 bags should be completed for $30 or less.  This allows $1.50 per bag.  So...do the best you can with quality within your budget!  We don't expect the bags to last forever and ever - we do expect they last past 1-2 uses.
  • It is recommended (not required) that you purchase slider zip top gallon size baggies for this exchange.  (This is a splurge in my house, too, but so handy for mamas!  Off brands/Aldi's brand are fine!)
How to commit:
Click on this link - fill in your name and the type of bag you are doing plus the main bag components.  If there are already 20 names on the list please email me (jennbeeler@hotmail.com); if there is enough interest I will organize a second exchange.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HKI16RGXFoG_wvZrPHksvUajkkKRR_asUScj5B_UcW8/edit?usp=sharing
IF you know you want to participate but don't know what bag you are doing yet, please use the form and go ahead and sign up with your name and email.  You can go back and fill in the rest later.
Deadline for sign-up is July 25th.

Exchange will be:
Tentative Date is Aug 22nd.

Need ideas??  Google "toddler busy bags" and let your imagination start working overtime! 

No comments: