Thursday, June 4, 2015

Getting There {School 2015}

The plans for school this year are coming together and we're all getting excited.  What fun that we all get excited about school!  We rearranged {again} and I'm liking the new look.
I parted with all my pretties in my hutch and made the cabinet grand central station for our books.  It may not look "classy" but it's quite functional since it's right in the dining room where we school at (I mean, when we aren't on the porch or the floor...).
 See all the pretty books, in a row...
The books on the bottom left are all of our read alouds and Natalee's level 2 readers for Sonlight Core B this year.  We can't wait to dive in!
(For more on our curriculum choices for this year go HERE.)

Ameliya has not been forgotten...we brought down the little wooden writing table and chairs for her in the dining room and made her a little shelf of activities to do independently, with mommy, or with an older sibling.

Teacher mom's home ground has stayed the same...my wing back chair (though I may switch it for a rocker when baby comes as I nurse there when the kids do school) and "my" shelf. 
The school books used to be crammed on this shelf but now there is a basket of activities/busy bags for the older kids (to do when I'm working with the other one) and a basket of activities for Ameliya that aren't quite as "free reign" as the others.  There's a lot of miscellaneous on there but all things I like to have at my fingers...my J.A.M. binder, white boards, the printer, and of course my planner.  I'm not quite finished with "my" shelf yet...it needs a little more decluttering and organizing but it's getting there.

Yesterday I planned out 12 weeks of Science - Math, Reading, and History are all planned for the first several weeks, too - all that's left is to work through Bible planning.  Today I made writing journals for both kids to do their daily Draw Write Now in.  Really the expectation was only for Natalee to complete writing 3 days a week, but I knew if she had a writing journal Xavier would be hurt, so I made him one and he's determined to do a drawing and write a word or sentence every day!  I love his heart for learning!
  
There is some intense excitement over these journals!

We're getting there...the next item on the docket for summer is to finish planning our weekend vacations so we can have some family fun!

No comments: