Wednesday, September 3, 2014

New Glasses for Natalee!

Remember in the last few posts how you can see Natalee's glasses being held together by tape?  When Xavier got his new specs I asked for prayers that Natalee's would last until her new ones arrived.  A Natalee with no glasses is not a happy Natalee.  At first just scotch tape and super glue were holding them together, but then we graduated to pretty duct tape.  It was getting serious "up in here."  We'd been to have them sautered once and that worked for about a month and then, without being provoked at all, the arm just fell off again.  Sigh.

I ordered her a pair online, because her yearly appointment isn't until Dec/Jan and to walk into an eye store and just buy a pair of glasses is expensive (and Xavier just got a pair, remember?).
We waited.  And waited, and waited, and waited.  I finally contacted customer service and found out I'd ordered from a Chinese company.  Mega sigh.  My own fault for not checking but Natalee was the one paying for my error.  So we waited, and waited, and waited...
This weekend her's finally broke beyond repair and we had to get out her old ones (with last year's prescription) and use them.  I felt for her.  I know how that makes you feel just not quite altogether.  
I prayed.  And stalked the tracking on her new pair.  Finally, last Friday they were in Chicago.  Rejoice - the USA!  However they were shipping USPS and that usually means going south of us, even if coming from the north before making it to our town.  When her's broke beyond repair this weekend I asked God's mercy on my girl and He saw it fit to deliver her new glasses to her in yesterday's mail.  I'll never understand how, what usually takes 5-7 days, took 3, and 2 of those days were a Sunday and a holiday.  He cares about the little things...like little girls in glasses...

She loves them - both the color and the design.  I should add that the company was fine to work with and the glasses seem to be of good quality.  It's not their fault they are in China, it's my fault for needing a product quickly and not thinking to check! 
Live and learn.

No comments: