Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Fashionista

We are heading up north next week with my mom to visit her brothers and mother.  It's colder up north than here in the Midwest so I had to go digging so I could pack long sleeves, pants, etc. for the children.  I'm getting there - kinda.  
We also might stop at a hotel with a pool on the way there, which means swim suits for all.  The big kids have suits that fit but I needed to look for one for Mia.  I started digging through the 12 mo and 18 mo totes (yes, 18 month clothes!!) and found most of what I needed.  I needed to try a few things on her while in the process....baby fashion show...
 swimsuit #1

 I love this sweater.  It's still a little big but will be perfect for this winter!

swimsuit #2
(apparently Natalee had choice of swim wear!? first child syndrome. lol)

What I learned:

Jeans + Mia = nada.  Not because of the cloth diapers.  Even with a disposable diaper she has uncomfortable muffin top and the thighs of all the jeans I put on her were dimple-ishly tight.

First babies have tons of cute clothes!  I fell in love all over again with all the beautiful dresses we/family bought for Natalee.  So excited for Ameliya to wear them this fall and winter. 

Mia has a long torso, fat belly/thighs, and shorter/stubby legs.  Pants look funny on her.  Period.  Shirts are too short.  Period.  She and I say long live summer and onesies/no clothes!  I did find that loose waisted 12 month pants and 18 month shirts that were long/narrow vs. wide fit her decently.  She is, hands down, the most frustrating child I've ever clothed because she wears everything from 6-9 months clear through 18 months right now.  Try to get your head around that when you store clothes in totes based on sizes.  BAH!

Socks.  Don't get me started.  I think I found some that fit her.  I did not find shoes, however, that would go on her chunky foot.  Socks are close enough, right?  I may have thought our first two babies were chubby but she's got 'em beat.   

(baby, darling, when you read this in 16 years: I love you, I love you, I love you...every ounce of your chubby baby-ness and every bit of your 16 year old self.)

No comments: