Tuesday, August 5, 2014

A Lot of Randomness {With Pictures}

As the title suggests...just a little catch up of some random things around the homestead...

On Sunday we said Happy Birthday to Granny Sara via Facebook and phone calls as she was traveling:
She stopped by and saw us Sunday night with Papa George and we got to give her the Kindle Fire HD that was her gift from us and Mike's sis and her hubby.  Now she can Facebook and play Spider Solitaire from the couch!

Monday we laid low.  I worked with the kids on some summer school things.  Ameliya had her first time out for biting while nursing - I guess she wanted to celebrate Breastfeeding Awareness Day in her own way!
5 seconds later she was fine...
 and told me this is how she felt about her time out...

Ameliya was given a darling outfit and beautiful sweater by dear friends of ours on Sunday so I put the sweater on her on Monday to take a picture of her for her upcoming church dedication slide.  Obviously I want that picture to remain a surprise.  But I'll show you this slice of heaven...
Yummy.

Last night Xavier was having trouble being a kind friend to his big sister so he was doing busy bags near me.  Ameliya, who was also playing near my chair where I was working on curriculum planning, whirled herself around to watch him...
He thought this was awesome and was quite a good teacher to her - explaining the shapes as he hammered.  I suppose it won't be a cool when she's up and mobile and wants to try those things out for herself {table time!}.

Speaking of a strong little girl, just look at her use that toy to pull her whole upper body off the blanket!
What a monkey!

To go along with her monkiness, she's learned to "blow raspberries."  We're seeing a lot of action from her tongue these days!
  

Today - we are again laying low.  We needed to go grocery shopping {badly} but Xavier woke up with a cough and a big case of the "Ineedtoloungeallday's".  He's been wearing jeans or jean shorts to be like his dad every day for the last couple of weeks so when he came downstairs this morning in sweat pants (not even comfy shorts!) I knew he really didn't feel well.  
In between taking care of Xabe, sending Mike my grocery list, finishing up some curriculum planning, stimulating Natalee's brain, sweeping the floors for the millionth time this week (is it only Tuesday? kids are so crumb-a-licious), and just doing the basic day to day stuff, I must have forgotten to fasten the hip snaps on Mia's diaper.  When I went in to greet her from nap, this greeted me back...
 While the big kids may be crumb-a-licious, this one is crack-a-licious. {wink}

And a cute babywearing picture of a beautiful high back carry while I vacuumed the rugs (again with the floors!) before nap time.  This was approximately 45 seconds before she puked.  In my hair.  
 It's Mother's Night Out for our homeschool co-op tonight and I.am.ready!

No comments: