Monday, August 11, 2014

$1.25

The other day when we went to a Christian concert we had a little time before hand to do some "fun" shopping.  We stopped at a secondhand store and found very random goodies...a Bible cover for Natalee (so Daddy dug one out for Xavier when we got home!), 
a baseball helmet with a mask (for 50 cents) that Xavier has wanted all summer (yes, we took the price tags off after the picture), 
and a few other weird but useful items.

While on our way into the city I was scrolling Facebook and visiting with Mike and saw someone mention that they'd gotten a Mei Tai baby carrier at Toys R Us on brown clearance for $1.25.  Of course I had to try (you know me!).  My heart was even thumping a little at the possibility of a great deal and sure enough there was one in the discontinued print on the shelf.  It was marked $24.99 (originally $34.99) but there happen to be a nice young man standing there with his little price checker scanner so he checked and sure enough they were on brown clearance and rang up at $1.25!  Even if I decide it's not love I can pass it on.  Mia and I tried it out today using the simple ruck tie.  It's not too bad to use and I could see it being quite handy to leave in the car, etc.
 (she could use a blanket rolled under her bum to boost her height a little)
I'm not usually the gal that finds the "steals and deals" so I was pretty pleased with my random, inexpensive purchases!

No comments: