Sunday, June 29, 2014

Up We Go

I had an opportunity to watch a veteran babywearing mom do a back carry with her little guy today and picked up some pointers AND the ambition to try again for myself.  Overall, Ameliya is a pretty cheery gal, but her fussiest time is 5-7 at night...when I am flying solo and have to get supper done.  Don't know if you've ever tried to make supper while carry a baby in front of you but it ain't easy.  I was determined to master a back carry in some form. 

We have a long way to go but we're getting there!  Can't get there if you don't try, right!?  It seems that babywearing is very common in other countries and many youtube tutorials for different carries come from Australian mamas.  Mia likes it when I use an Australian accent when putting her up.  Ha - it makes us feel cultured.
I've heard a lot of questions about whether this is comfy for baby or not.  One thing I can tell you about Ameliya is that if she doesn't like something she'll let me know.  She does fuss a bit when I'm getting her into the carry but overall she was content while I was moving.  Obviously this isn't a carry you do while you are lounging around but when I'm out and about or making supper it's really handy to be able to put her on my back.  Sure, she likes the swing, she likes to play on the floor but sometimes she just needs mom.  She's a baby - that's kind of her "thing."  And I'm a mom - it's kinda my responsibility to meet her needs. {wink, wink}  She's my miniature love.

Speaking of mini-me's....
After watching me practice with Ameliya my other mini-me came to me and asked for help with her baby.  Her scarf/wrap is a little slippery- we need to find her something with more cotton in it, but I think she makes an adorable baby wearing little mama!
She's obviously more agile while wearing her baby than her mother is...

No comments: