Monday, November 26, 2018

Movie Night

Saturday turned into a weirdly stressful day {for me} rolled over from a stressful evening {with Xavier's foot}, so I decided to run away to the movies with the kids.  Mike had homework (boo) so we gave him the gift of peace and quiet while we went.
We went to the nearby small single cinema because it's cheap affordable, which is a must with 4 kids (or for us anyways).  The movie playing was The Grinch (the new one).  I'm not much of a movie critic but it was adorable.  The right amount of funny and precious with graphics that were really beautiful. 
For an hour and a half I let my troubles melt away and really enjoyed the movie.  I knew the cinema would be crowded so we arrived early.  I had planned on just sitting in the van so we could go in when the doors unlocked but a line was already forming at the door so we had to get out and wait in line.  It wasn't too cold, thankfully, but I did feel bad for Xavier.  Had I been thinking I would have sent him to the van to sit and come back to join us when we went in.  Alas....I wasn't.
We had to wait 30 minutes for the movie to start since we were there when the doors unlocked.  Oh well.  Lesson in patience.
Ameliya discovered movie theaters sell candy, not just popcorn.  Ha!  I bought one Hershey's bar and split it four ways for the kids.
Zayden was a sweet brother and let Xavier prop his leg up over the arm of the chair.
The movie held everyone's attention and we really had a good time.  The kids are just old enough that taking them all alone isn't as worrying as it used to be, or as difficult.  Each little one needed a potty run (individually, of course) but that wasn't too bad, considering their ages! 

This guy....he's a miniature of his dad.  I felt something on my back and looked over and he had his arm around me.  When I gave him the side eye, he wiggled his eyebrows at me.  All the while shoveling popcorn in his mouth.  Tiny Micheal Dale. 

No comments: