Monday, February 15, 2016

Last Week's Review

Last week was brought to us via colds, coughs, the flu, and home construction.  Overall it was kind of a bust.  This week's lesson plans are some of a repeat of last week and there is simply nothing to be done about it.  On Saturday Mike started redoing the upstairs shower.  Home construction is blah!  He's almost done, thankfully.  He took last Monday off to get the insulation and drywall in.  We are so thankful to his dad for working every bit as hard as Mike did to get this job completed, especially since it wasn't exactly planned.  Xavier is loving every minute of having construction in the house!  I did get him to stop for a few minutes to do a little phonics work...

Monday
Natalee and I enjoyed the extra quiet of having brother upstairs to do her reading without interruption.
Late Sunday Zayden started fighting a cold.  Monday he was still worn out, as evidenced by the two hour nap he took in this position Monday morning. (I checked on him and his breathing frequently and he was in our school room with me!)
Ameliya had all her energy.  ALL of it.  Ha!  She likes to ask to do 'cool with her 'tickers at the table.
Monday may have been the kindest of the days last week.

Tuesday
Tuesday Natalee started in with a runny nose and grouchy attitude.  I made her take a nap at rest time and, despite her dismay, she fell asleep.
She continued with grouches and Mike was working, so we watched The Little Mermaid that night. She also started reading the Little House series.  I love this!
Zayden Samuel turned 3 months on Tuesday.

And Ameliya wanted her picture taken, too.

Wednesday
Snow, cold, and gray were also themes of last week.  Wednesday was no exception.  We had an early recess so the kids could go outside while the flakes were big and fat and pretty and the wind was still!
Zayden's cold continued.  I started to grow weary and worried.  This was the day my spirits started to droop.

Thursday
Thursday I took Zayden to both the chiropractor and his doctor to be checked on.  The cough was diagnosed as just a cold, as I knew, nothing to do but keep his snot cleared and cold him and love him.  Thankfully his eating and sleeping schedules weren't disrupted much.  Thursday night, though, Natalee drooped.  Earache, emotional wreck, and finally, a vomiting episode.  Our poor girl.  Thursday night was long. 

Friday
Mike stayed home Friday because no one had slept the night before.  So thankful for paid sick days.  Luckily we soon realized Natalee was better.  Unfortunately, that afternoon Ameliya began to droop.
 This was the beginning of a long couple of days for her (and us).

Saturday
Mike attempted to finish the bathroom while I attempted to keep the family sane.  It was a hard balance.  Xavier's "house" - photo by Xavier.
Ameliya still was puny.  She had rounds of fever, constipation, and lethargy followed by periods of playfulness and smiles.  She never had an appetite though.  I was wishing I'd had her adjusted at the chiro, as I think it would have resolved the constipation issue.

And that was the week, folks.  Sunday was much the same as Saturday.  I did do a little something for the kids for Valentine's Day (a separate blog post).  Mike and the big kids went to church while I stayed home with the babies.  My mom sent lunch, so thankful.  Mike got the shower walls in.  Ameliya continued to be under the weather.  I called this morning and got her and Zayden in to the chiropractor and the change in Ameliya when she came home was remarkable. 
All weekend...
 Today...

Today is a new week.  We started it with painting.  It's going to be a GOOD week.  I can feel it!

No comments: