Sunday, February 7, 2016

Last Week's Learnin' {& More}

Monday started out with our sweet Minnie Mouse girlie...
 
 Zayden needed Mommy, so he hitched a ride in my wrap...
Ameliya is doing such awesome things with the magnet blocks.  She's also getting better about choosing an activity while I'm working with the big kids or joining us quietly at the table.
{sisters}
 I love teaching reading.  One of my favorite things.

Tuesday
Xavier is working on time in math. Math is a subject he gets pretty easily.  The concepts make sense to him and, like his dad, he enjoys it. 
Natalee loves her Rod and Staff reading.  The Bible is truly her favorite book of all time and she devours it daily, so having a reading curriculum centered around the Bible just pleases her to no end.  She knows SO many details that I'm only just internalizing. 
Natalee is also reading her way through the 3rd grade Sonlight readers.  She and I are both enjoying the stories.
 Our daredevil...
 Ameliya also likes to talk us all into massaging her back.  Spoiled.

Wednesday
The kids' favorite day!  On Wednesdays we usually get to do From Akebu to Zapotec.  They'll be so sad when the book is over.
 Ameliya said to me, "me school too."
 Xavier's Draw-Write-Now entry.
 Signing Time!
 Signing Time for Zayden, too.

Thursday
School with a biker...
 And with a princess...
 Sometimes school for Ameliya is 'tickers.
 'Tickers are good, cheap, and keep little girls quiet.
 Natalee often slips away to read on her bed.  A girl after my own heart.
 I don't remember how she got hurt, but I do remember it was her leg that hurt, not her head.  Ha.

Natalee got in some home ec time Thursday night and made dessert for the family.  Chia seed instant pudding....well, it's, uh, different.... The kids loved it and Natalee was so proud to contribute to the meal and serve her dish.

Friday we had a family field trip, so it gets it's own blog post! 
This week we also finished Dodie Smith's The One Hundred and One Dalmatians.  It is an excellent read aloud - such a good story!

No comments: