Thursday, January 21, 2016

Fluffy Bum

Zayden's first day in cloth...I'm potty training Ameliya so I apparently decided to just jump in to full on crazy around here - or something.  So far it's fine (you know, the five hours we've been at it).  Over the last year I'd transitioned Ameliya from pocket diapers to flats and covers so that's what I decided to do with Zayden.  It's trimmer and I don't have to stuff inserts in pockets.  I do have to fold the flats, so I don't know that I'm saving a ton of time, but I do like the absorbancy better.  It's kind of amazing to me that you can get a different absorbancy just by folding the flat a different way.
Zayden is wearing Happy Flute covers.  So far I've only done the origami fold under the cover, with nothing more for extra absorbancy.

I plan to try a kite fold and diaperbag fold just to compare trimness and absorbancy. 
 


Cloth is bulkier than disposable, obviously, but the flat and cover are trim enough that Zayden didn't have to size up with his sleeper.  It fits just fine.
The journey begins.  I do intend to be more forgiving with myself and probably do disposable when we're out of the house and at night (I was hard core NO disposable for a season with Ameliya), but, as we're home mostly all day everyday, cloth does save us quite a bit - and his bum is cute to boot!

No comments: